21 January 2009

if you go by night, you'll hit the coast for sure


Planning my last trips around the continent has proven to be quite bittersweet. But, did I really expect any less? This has been... I don't know. What's a gray area passably ensconced between sublime and excruciating? The thing is, I could go on like this for years. But, like any gong-show night, the prospect of that doom-and-gloom hangover just waiting at the fringes throws an eerie cast over the otherwise golden Bacchanalian proceedings. And, at the same time, I miss home. Vancouver, Manila... I'd take either one. (Or both.) If I've learned anything (and this is very much up to debate) at all, it's that we thrive in the unknown best if we strive to create the familiar in its midst. That, and the best things flourish in doubt and hope.

Also: Apple products are officially my emotionally abusive boyfriend.


No comments: