11 September 2008

I laced the track, you locked the flow


I must have had at least six conversations on this one topic, like a month ago or something: 90's music.

Smash Hits, CD Warehouse, Bop, YM, Channel [V], MTV Asia (circa Mike Kasem, etc.)... shiz. Stalking visiting pop stars in their hotels. Bringing CD players to school. Cutting out pictures from magazines and putting them in clear books. We were all such impressionable shits back then.

112 - Cupid: This song...
Janet Jackson - Got Till it's Gone
Boyzone - Picture of You
Billie - Girlfriend
B*Witched - Rollercoaster
Mariah Carey - Always be my Baby
Des'ree - You Gotta Be
The Corrs - What Can I Do?
Suede - Saturday Night: one of my first CDs!
Bush - Glycerine: I bought my Sixteen Stone cassette at National Bookstore, ok.
Duncan Sheik - Wishful Thinking: Great Expectations was probably the last time I found Ethan Hawke sexy.
Public Announcement - Lonely
Next - Too Close
Puff Daddy, 112, Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You
Sugar Ray - Falls Apart: I have to remind myself that there was a time Mark McGrath wasn't a total joke.
Five - Keep on Movin'
All Saints - Never Ever: I actually cried to this song in high school... silly pubescent drama.
Blackstreet - No Diggity: Probably the only hiphop song I still listen to.
Damage - Wonderful Tonight: I never realized just how much it bastardized the Eric Clapton original until years later, but I can't completely denounce this version.
Jars of Clay - Tea and Sympathy: Who knew they were a Christian rock band? Not me.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg time warp! -mace

Anonymous said...

CD Warehouse!! It was the only store that sold Mellon Collie (for P720, ridiculous!) I can still picture it in my head. Only I can't remember if it was in...Virra Mall? Shopsville?

I draw the line on B*Witched. Hahahahahaha!

Li said...

Hahah, I went to the CD Warehouse in Galle (big surprise!) and Greenbelt 1.

And, clearly, I had no standards back then. I listened to Aaron Carter!

And, Mace: mega time warp! Looking them up on youtube was such a gas.